This is super quick and easy recipe for those times when you are just too busy. It doesn't call for a lot of ingredients either. We use the tomato sauce for our pizza sauce, so this meal usually follows homemade pizza night (which are my favorite). Broccoli Pasta is also one of those meals where I don't feel like it's all veggies; it's 'paleo in disguise' as I call it. This recipe only makes 2 servings of the pasta part, but would be so easy to double.
2 links of Italian Sausage
1 12 oz bag of broccoli slaw
2 cups of tomato sauce
Parmesan cheese, optional *leave out to be paleo
1 can tomato sauce
1 small can tomato paste
2 tablespoons Italian Spaghetti Seasoning
1 tablespoons olive oil
Splash of red wine *leave out to be paleo
1. Slice Italian Sausage into 1/2 inch rounds. Place in pot over medium heat. Brown for 5 minutes.
2. Mix all ingredients for tomato sauce in a medium bowl. Set aside. You will not be using all that you mix together!
3. Add broccoli slaw into pot with sausage. Sauté for 7 minutes or until soft.
4. Add only 2 cups of the mixed tomato sauce from bowl into pot. Warm for 7-10 minutes.
5. Add cheese if wanted. Enjoy!
My husband, Rob, thought of this recipe one day. Creative he is! We have since perfected it. Enjoy!