Rob loves to watch a show called The Chew. Its basically just a day time cooking show on ABC. One of the host, Michael Symon, made this recipe one day. It has cauliflower in it, so I was very afraid (I am not a veggie girl). But it was so yummy! You have got to try this if you love Mac & Cheese!
Michael Symon's Ham and Cauliflower Mac & Cheese
- pound Conchigliette (pasta shells)
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 cups Cauliflower Florets (shaved)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons Butter (divided)
- 2 tablespoons Flour
- 3 cups Whole Milk
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly grated Nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon Red Chili Flakes
- 2 cups Gruyere
- 1 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano (grated and divided)
- 1/2 pound Baked Ham Steak (julienned)
- 1 cup Panko Breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup chopped Parsley
3. Add the butter to the pot. Whisk in flour to form a paste. Season with salt and cook for 2 to 3 minutes just until the paste starts to take on a warm golden color. Whisk in the milk and season with salt, pepper, nutmeg and chili flakes. Stir in the gruyere and half of the Parmigiano-Reggiano to melt. Add in the ham. Add the cooked pasta and stir to coat. Transfer to a greased baking dish.
4. Mix the bread crumbs, remaining cheese and chopped parsley. Sprinkle evenly over the pasta and place under the broiler. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, just until the bread crumbs are golden brown.