Alfredo Spaghetti Squash Pasta with Blackened Chicken
1 cup raw cashews
1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 tablespoon Cajun Spice Rub (ingredients to follow)
2 spaghetti squash
1 teaspoons sea salt
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
1/2 pound asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
1 leek, white part only, thinly sliced
1/2 cup chopped mushrooms
2 ounces prosciutto, chopped
2 cups water
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1 clove garlic, minced
1/4 teaspoon pepper
Cajun Spice Rub:
2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon corse sea salt
3/4 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon cracked pepper
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/4 teaspoon cumin
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
1 garlic clove, crushed
1.Preheat oven to 350. Cut the spaghetti squash in half and remove the seeds. Place on a cookie sheet and wrap in Al foil. Bake for about 1 hour or until tender. Scrap the spaghetti out with a spoon. Place in a bowl and set aside.
2. Place cashews in a bowl of water that's been heated to a boil and soak for 30 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, rub the chicken all over with the Cajun Spice Rub and heat the grill to medium-high. Grill the chicken on both sides until it is no longer pink in the center, about 10-15 minutes. Remove the chicken and strip into small strips.
4. Place the asparagus in a pot of boiling water. Blanch for 2 to 3 minutes, until slightly tender and bright green. Drain the asparagus and wipe the pan dry.
5. Return the pan to heat. Add the olive oil, asparagus, leek, mushrooms, and prosciutto. Sauté for 5 minutes over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low.
6. Drain the cashews and place in a blender with 2 cups water. Add the lemon juice, garlic, pepper, nutmeg, and salt. Blend on high until smooth.
7. Add the sauce to the prosciutto mixture and simmer for 7 to 10 minutes.
8. Place the noodles and chicken in a bowl. Add the sauce and toss to combine.